Application for Exhibition Space
PAYMENT DEADLINE: As defined in payment invoice.
BOOKING IS CLOSED FOR 2019
- A turnkey exhibition stand will include the following items – see page 5 for a pictorial description (for illustrative purposes only):
- 1x wireless internet connection 1 user, 10mb
- 5x fili spot light
- 3x 100w halogen spotlight
- 1x 3kw 1-phase 230v
- 2x bar stool, black seat/chrome. sh:80cm
- 1x standing table black top/chrome, h:111cm dia:70cm
- 9x carpet tile, grey
- 1x bar/information counter, 102x52cm h:104cm
- 1x printed logo for counter, h:71cm w:96cm
- Printed wallboards for an exhibition stand will be invoiced separately.
- Self-design means that the applicant will be contacted by the Nor-Shipping Design department to identify your requirements. The relevant price may only be determined after this.
- The minimum size of each stand is restricted to 9m2. Applications may however be made for a larger stand. Due to space limitations, stands will be allocated on a strictly ‘first-come first-served’ basis. Allocated stands for which payment has not been received by the date designated in the invoice will risk being re-allocated. Exhibitors are subject to Nor-Shipping 2019 conditions of participation and to the Terms & Conditions document that accompanies this application.
- The Organizers and the Exhibitor. The term “The Organizers” as used herein shall define the personnel and agents of the Norwegian-African Business Association (NABA) and AO Energy Consulting (AOEC), who are acting as agents for Norges Varemesse (Norway Trade Fairs) to produce this event. The term “Exhibitor” shall define the company and its personnel and agents electing to participate in the exposition. Once Exhibitor has executed this agreement by means of a signature, all terms shall become
- Exhibiting Companies and Products. The Organizers have the sole right to determine eligibility for a product or a company in its exposition. The Organizers shall have the right to change the location of assigned space for an Exhibitor. Exhibitor agrees not to assign or sublet its space allotted. Exhibitor may display or advertise only goods and services normally manufactured or offered in the course of its
- Exhibit Space Rules and Contractor Services. The Organizers shall have the right to establish rules for the show and the use of exhibit space covered by this agreement, including but not limited to the rules published by the event organizer. The Organizers shall have full discretion and authority as to the placement of all decorations, signage, and display items. The Organizers may require the replacement or redecorating of an item, display, or stand and no costs shall accrue to The Organizers because of such necessity. Exhibitors are responsible to cover or fix all areas The Organizers may consider unsightly, at Exhibitor’s expense. Should an Exhibitor not be finished with installation as specified in the show rules, The Organizers may take steps to finish said installation at Exhibitor’s expense. Should Exhibitor fail to follow Exposition deadlines for installation in terms of occupying the agreed-upon stand space, The Organizers shall repossess said space and Exhibitor forfeits all claims to it and all monies paid. No Exhibitor shall have the right to dismantle, unpack, or vacate a stand prior to the end of the official show hours without the express written permission of The Organizers. The Organizers reserve the right to amend and enforce Exposition regulations as it deems proper to assure the success of the event.
- Exhibitor Stand Selection, if later downsized may result in a move by the The Organizers to an available stand in the smaller
- Attendance. All Exhibitors agree to staff their stand(s) during Exposition
- Enjoyment of Reasonable Business Environment. The Organizers reserve the right to restrict stand size, noise, characters, lights, entertainment, and methods of operation that it deems objectionable. Any behavior or equipment that The Organizers find to detract from the general appearance and intention of the Exposition may be grounds for eviction. Exhibitors are encouraged to check with The Organizers before the Exposition regarding any item that The Organizers might find
- Fees and Deposits. The Exhibitor is responsible for timely submittal of fees as required in the application. Should the Exhibitor delay payments, The Organizers shall have the right to repossess any assigned space after notifying the Exhibitor in writing of the intent to do so. In the event of default by the Exhibitor, the Exhibitor remains responsible for payments due and assumes the responsibility for all enforcement costs incurred by The Organizers in collecting such
- Exhibitor Cancellation or Nonpayment. See
- Liability and Insurance. All property of the Exhibitor remains under its care, custody, and control in transit to and from the exhibit hall during installation and removal, and while it is within the confines of the exhibit hall. Neither Exhibit, Norges Varemesse (Norway Trade Fairs), the owners or management of the exhibit hall, nor any of the officers, staff members, or directors of any of the same are responsible for the safety of the property of Exhibitors from theft, damage by fire, accident, vandalism, or other causes, and Exhibitor expressly waives and releases any claim or demand it may have against any of them by reason of any damage to or loss of any property of Exhibitor, except where the damage or loss is due to the gross negligence or willful misconduct of Exhibit The Organizers, Norges Varemesse, the owners or management of the Exhibit Hall, or their agents or employees. Exhibitor agrees to obtain the following insurance during the dates of the Exhibition, including move-in and move- out days, and shall be prepared to furnish a certificate of insurance to Exhibit Management if requested: (a) Commercial general liability insurance coverage including protective and contractual liability for bodily injury and property damage; (b) Employer’s liability insurance; (c) Worker’s Compensation/Occupational Disease coverage in full compliance with federal and state laws; (d) Comprehensive General Liability Automobile
- Hold Harmless and Indemnification. Exhibitor hereby agrees to indemnify, defend, and protect Exhibit Management, the owners and managers of the exhibit hall, and Norges Varemesse (Norway Trade Fairs) against, and hold and save Exhibit Management, the owners and managers of the exhibit hall, and Norges Varemesse (Norway Trade Fairs) harmless from, any and all claims, demands, suits, liability, damages, loss, costs, attorney fees, and expenses of whatever kind or nature that might result from or arise out of any action or failure to act of Exhibitor or any of its officers, agents, employees, or other representatives, including but not limited to claims of damage or loss to property, or from or out of any damage, loss, harm, or injury to the person of Exhibitor or any of its officers, agents, employees, or other representatives.
- Exposition Hours and Exhibitor Activities. The Organizers shall have the authority to set event hours, which may change upon notice to Distribution of Exhibitor literature and materials is limited to the confines of Exhibitor stand space.
- Music Licensing. Exhibitors are solely responsible to obtain the necessary licenses for all usage of music or video, and all costs for such licenses are the responsibility of
- Exhibitor assumes all responsibility for compliance with federal and local codes and all laws related to public safety, as well as facility regulations. Exhibitor is responsible to meet all requirements of the Americans with Disabilities Act. Wiring and decorating materials must all conform to local codes and fire regulations. Exhibitor assumes the responsibility to ascertain that all codes and laws have been met, including issues related to facility services.
- Cancellation or Termination of the Exposition. In the event that the Exposition is unable to operate, in the sole determination of The Organizers, whether due to acts of God, war, illness, public safety, strike, civil commotion, picketing, fire, or state of emergency, or by reason of any other occurrence not under the control of The Organizers, or otherwise, The Organizers may cancel, postpone or terminate the Exposition. In the event of such cancellation, postponement, or termination, Exhibitor waives any and all claims Exhibitor may have against The Organizers for damages or expenses and agrees to accept in complete settlement and discharge of all claims, Exhibitor’s pro rata share of the total amount paid by all Exhibitors, excluding deposits, less all costs and expenses incurred by The Organizers in connection with the
- The Organizers make no representations or warranties as to the condition of the Exposition Facility, Contractors, or Subcontractors involved or the success of Exhibitor’s efforts for which the exhibit space is to be used. This Application and these Terms and Conditions represent the sole and entire agreement between The Organizers and the Exhibitor, and it supersedes all prior agreements and discussions. The provisions set forth are severable. If any provision is held to be invalid or unenforceable, it shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. The Organizers shall use all reasonable efforts to properly manage installation and the event itself. The Organizers shall not be held liable for late installation or power or services interruptions that may occur.
- The fee for a 9m2 exhibition space is NOK 9000/m2 (including 25% VAT). If invoiced in an alternative currency (e.g. US$) the actual value may vary with exchange rate fluctuations.
- Registration for an exhibition space includes four (4) complimentary Nor-Shipping 2019 delegate exhibition passes (applicable for the exhibition only).
- If you prefer to pay via invoice, one will be sent to you by the Nor-Shipping finance department. Payment must be received by the specified payment deadline otherwise the issued space may be re-allocated.
- All payments will include Norwegian Value Added Tax (VAT) of 25%. You will also be provided with information on how eligible companies may apply for a refund of the
- Cancellation policy: Up to and including January 17, 2019, cancellation of exhibit space ordered is subject to a fee equal to 25% of the value of space under contract.
- EFFECTIVE FROM JANUARY 18, 2019, AN EXHIBITOR WHO CANCELS WILL BE LIABLE FOR THE FULL VALUE OF THE SPACE UNDER CONTRACT AND WILL BE INVOICED FOR ANY BALANCE
- Exhibitors are subject to Nor-Shipping 2019 conditions of participation and to the Terms & Conditions document that accompanies this application.
Norwegian-African Business Association (NABA)
Middelthuns gate 27, Majorstuen.
P.O. Box 1280 Vika, NO – 0111 Oslo, Norway.
Telephone: +47 95969631
AO Energy Consulting (AOEC)
Nyjordstuben 156, 1275 Oslo, Norway.
Telephone: +47 96751425
African Shipowners Association (ASA)
14 Adebisi Close, Surulere, Lagos, Nigeria.